Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Someone Forgot to Check the Calendar

OK, it is March 21st for heaven sakes.  Yesterday was Paula's birthday.  Spring is two days old.  And it is snowing in Portland, Oregon.  What the heck.

This is the second year in a row where we just don't seem to be getting a spring.  On Monday, I took the following picture from up on the hill at the lodge, showing huge lakes where the river usually is.




While it is not forecast to reach the levels of 1996, the water has come up very quickly.  Here at the Rainbow house we are seeing water for miles across the river.



Looking from the side of Rainbow



And from the Sandbox at Rainbow



I took this shot from Patricia Lane around the loop.  It is looking east toward Groner School.



How about a mystery critter?  Taken this morning in the front yard here at Rainbow.  This bird thinks it is spring and was working with a mate on a nest.



After I got home from my walk this morning, I got in the kayak with my camera and went across the river.  This was the view of the house.





And now it is snowing.  Since Paula is a big chicken, I am going to drive her to the Temple for her 6 am shift in the morning before I fly to Salt Lake City for a meeting and a hearing.  Seriously it's snowing!  March 21st.  What the heck!!!












4 comments:

paula said...

Just for the record. The chicken drove herself to the temple.
Anders what is the bird!!

Rich Vial said...

True, she bot on the road and did herself. I think she is growing up.

Andhrimnir said...

Dear grandpa the bird is called the
red - breasted Sapsucker this is Anders and got information form Kauf Man book love Anders.

Rich Vial said...

Anders wins!