Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home at Last!




After 8 days Paula and I finally arrived home about 7 pm on Saturday evening. What a trip. We stopped at courthouses in Mass, NH, Vermont, New York, Penn, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Oregon. Nearly 150 courthouses, from beautiful domed buildings from the 1800 to gleaming glass and steel structures with frankly much more functionality than charm.



Along the way we visited Paula's mother and daughter Alicia in Utah, and my brother Jeff and his family in Montana. Even got to watch his boy's Phil, Jake and Clark play football!


A fun trip in a fun car for a fun reason. Because I forgot to take the bill of sale with me, we came all the way without any documents for the car. I did have proof of insurance but it expired before we left. We were stopped a couple of times, but no problem when I explained! Made me proud of our system, and anxious to get back into the courtroom.


Most of all I am finding it more and more that spending time with Paula is better than spending time with anyone else. I have great friends and have been lucky to travel and experience a great deal, but frankly, without Paula, nothing is really complete. I can't wait for more adventures together.

3 comments:

mahina said...

i love what you said about spending time with paula! that is so sweet and i hope that i will still feel the same way about mitch AND that he still feels the same way about me!

welcome home!

paula said...

24 7 is a long together. But we do enjoy our time together!! That's why we got married! 33years and counting.PMV

Darilyn said...

I had no idea that you two had done this trip. What a fun time! I love the idea of seeing all the county courthouses. That is a great idea.