Friday, February 11, 2011

The Price of Work

I am in the middle of a complex construction defect lawsuit that has kept me busy pretty much 18/7 for the last 6 weeks (trial started Jan. 4), and therefore have neglected the blog.  Because the trial is not over, I am not going to talk about it here on a blog which is public, but suffice it to say that it has been a very interesting and unusual experience.  I will write about it when it is over and the jury has rendered it's decision.  Probably about 3 more weeks. 


Meanwhile, I am living in a hotel room in Newport, Oregon and only seeing Paula on the weekends.  Thursday, the judge let us out a bit early and I took a drive.  Here are a couple of mystery critters for the grand kids.  Since I haven't had any lately, getting any one of them earns you $10.  One prize per person!


 Female

Male.

Good Luck.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

We have sure missed these posts. Anders spent a good chunk of time today looking up the mystery critters. I'll have him post tomorrow when he wakes up.

Andhrimnir said...

Dear Grandpa,

my guess for the fist picture is a doe elk. we looked at pictures on the computer to find one that matched your picture

my guess for the other pictures is a surf scoter. dad showed me a bunch of pictures and i tried to find a match with dots on the head and on the bill like your picture.

love,
anders

Rich Vial said...

Anders is the winner! Can't wait to get back to visit him and pay up!

The female in elk is actually called a cow. The picture is of Roosevelt Elk, which is the species in the Oregon Coast range. Good job on the Surf Scoters! That was kind of a tough one!

Love, Grandpa