Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving. My memories are of going to Grandma Dede's house and eating amazing food. Also my mom's cooking, especially cranberry sauce. Last year we had a fun time in California with Tiet and Chinh's families. The year before? Anyway, this year will go in the record books as a dandy! Thankful I am for family, plenty and peace.

Paula spent from early a.m. right up until 2 p.m. when the clan started arriving. About 10 or so I went after reinforcements and Liyan, Vivian and Dillan came out to help.



Paula had me put up 4 more tables and chairs for everyone. Everyone had a place to sit down for dinner.



Weston was the youngest attendee, but the Hai/Kyle creation is coming!!!!!!



Though Nic is just a mile away, he had all of his in-laws for Thanksgiving in their new house. As such this was largely an Asian affair! Present were Chuong's family, Cuong's family, Chi and her kids, Su Lu, Hai's family, Hoa's family, Nate and Caitlan, Kevin and Alicia's family. Tucker's dad and brother also joined us. It was really a crew!


After the obligatory picture and family prayer, it was time to dig in. Per tradition kids went first!


No one went hungry however!


Cuong was carving as fast as he could!



While the Matriarch's continued to direct traffic.



OK, the mystery critter was seen (and this picture taken) Thanksgiving morning in the grape vineyard at the farm. What is the full name of this bird??



Meanwhile after dinner at the Rainbow house, the games were on, compliments of Tucker!

Simon Say's



A crazy game called "unwind"!


Copy?


Gossip




Giant's and Trolls


And of course an art contest!


Fun times.








Weston's first ever Thanksgiving!


I couldn't wish for a happier time.


Love, Dad

5 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm so glad you took and posted so many pictures. What a blast.

I love the games that looks like a blast.

When I asked Anders what he thought the mystery critter was he instantly replied, "Blue Heron" Like, give me a real challenge.

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

that looks awesome! Mom is a rockstar. This year I cooked for and went to my biggest Thanksgiving, about 40 people (Chris' singles ward) and it was fun having so many people!

It makes me very very excited for Christmas with all the fam!

Rich Vial said...

I was kinda worried that Anders would get it quickly! Most people think of the Great Blue Heron as a water bird, so I thought the "in the grapes" would throw them off. The kid is just too smart!!!

Darilyn said...

What a great time. I think the reason I love your family so much is because they remind me so much of my family. We basically did all the same things. We had about 40 people at the church in Sweet Home and were there from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. So much fun.

paula said...

Family!!!
Good times!!!
Thanks for getting the memories on pictures!!
Did we ever dream we would have such a great family
with all that it brings.
We are constantly moving that cheese!!
As we continue to learn and grow and everyone sprouts there wings.....