Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rainbow Fall

I feel like I am writing about nothing except Rainbow lately, but even if no one reads it, it is fun to record this stuff for someday. Right now the air is crisp, and I think every day about how I hope we can live this house like we planned. Outside! The views, the feeling, the colors the sounds, the birds, and just the space itself is magic. I love having this experience with Paula, and can't wait to be there with her.


As the leaves begin to fall, it looks like the landscape has been in forever. Hard to believe that it has only been a few days since we got it completed. After taking the picture from the road, I went up to the main floor balcony and took the picture below out to the east. This time of the year, the black raspberry canes are really beautiful.

The view to the east is incredible. If you look closely, you can see Mt. Hood about in the middle just above the berry vines. Click on the picture and you should be able to see it very well.

Out back, the view of the house from out on the river also shows the beauty of the fall colors as how well the house fits into the surrounding foliage.

As the leaves fall on the back lawn, and on the water below, it really feels calm. With all the evergreens, it will stay very private, but the view out across the river and beyond will get more and more open.
As the sun comes around lower and lower, the reflections in the windows, and especially these entry door glasses gets very interesting. We are hearing more and more from people who think that this is some kind of a county building, especially since it sits next to the park. We haven't had even one incident of thievery or vandalism since we started the project, and we are thinking that this may have something to do with the doors.


After seeing this shadow coming in from a reflection off a car in the parking lot of the park two days in a row, I couldn't resist the picture. Once again, it is the lower angle of the sun that makes this happen. This is showing on the wall off to your right after you enter the doors.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Brig and I are enjoying the posts from the other side of the country. Please keep posting about the progress. It's pretty amazing to see it changing so quickly, especially because growing up to get to the bathroom it was no big deal to walk through the studs without sheet rock for years. And landscaping meant all of us going into the field to gather rocks to heave around the yard. Good memories. I can't wait to see this new house and make new memories.

Cherali said...

The house looks beautiful!

Becca said...

Magnificent! It's looking really great

Darilyn said...

I haven't seen this house in about a year, I can't believe how gorgeous it is. It is truly beautiful.

Unknown said...

Rich - I am so glad you suggested I check out your blog!!! I had no idea you were so prolific. You are right the house feels very green. I can't wait to see it.

Kelly